We look forward to welcoming you back to our venues - read about how we're keeping you safe when visiting our venues.
How can I see What's On?
Our venues reopened 19 July 2021 and scheduled events are able to go ahead as planned. The best way to see What's On is via this website - you can purchase tickets to shows as well as subscribe to receive the on-sale emails.
Are your Box Offices open?
Our Box Office telephone line (0300 500 0595*) is currently operating reduced hours 9am-1pm Tuesday-Friday. If you have a question or a query about an existing booking, then please visit the Help Centre. Venue Box Offices will open 2 hours prior to any scheduled event.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro), and BH Live Gift Vouchers. We do not currently accept American Express.
Do you sell or accept Theatre Tokens?
We only accept SOLT National Theatre Tokens in person at Fairfield Halls, Croydon. We do not accept them at any of our other venues. However, we do sell our own BH Live Tickets Gift Vouchers, as full or part payment for any shows that we sell, including external events outside of our own venues.
I was trying to buy multiple seats online, but the website would not let me book them
Sometimes there are only single seats available which would mean that your party would not be seated together. Try adding seats to your basket one at a time.
Do you have seating plans of the venue?
Download Pavilion Theatre seating plans
Download Fairfield Halls seating plans
What does "Restricted View" mean?
This applies to certain seats or seating areas where the sight line is obstructed, say by a handrail, or are positioned at a slightly obscuring angle to the stage. This is due to the diverse nature of our shows which can have complex layouts.
Which are the best seats?
This is a matter of personal preference. In the Pavilion Circle, you will experience a full overview of the stage. In the Pavilion Stalls, you will generally be sitting closer to the performance.
At Bournemouth International Centre (BIC), the Terrace is considered to be the best area. You will, however, also get good views from Blocks B & C, as well as the Balcony and Side Balconies.
At Fairfield Halls, the centre of the Stalls in the Ashcroft Playhouse and Concert Hall is usually the best view.
What is your child age policy?
- No Under 12s to stand
- Children of 12-13 years standing must be accompanied by an adult (ratio 1 adult to 4 children)
- Children of 14 years and over may stand without an accompanying adult at a parent's or guardian's discretion.
- There is no age restriction unless the event is advertised as unsuitable for certain ages, such as an X-rated comedian show.
- All children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult (ratio 1 adult to supervise a maximum of 10 children)
- Children of 14 years and over do not require an accompanying adult.
- Children under 2 will not be admitted to a performance unless it is identified as a children's show.
No tickets need to be purchased for children under 2 unless they intend to occupy a seat separately from the adult accompanying them. However, we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to direct patrons to remove a child under their supervision from a performance where the child is causing disturbance or annoyance to other patrons or performers.
It is strongly recommended that all unaccompanied children remain in the venue until they are collected at the end of the performance.
I'm going to a show at Bournemouth Pavilion - is there a dress code?
The dress code here is smart/casual.
What time can we go in? What time does the show end?
Doors usually open between 30 minutes and 1 hour before the show starts.
Running times are only approximate, subject to change, and are usually only confirmed a few days before the show. Please check individual event listings for more information.
How much does a backstage pass cost?
Backstage passes are dealt with directly by a tour's promoter. Occasionally VIP or Meet and Greet packages are available to buy. This will be indicated when you select your seats.
Other than these packages, the venue has no influence, jurisdiction or control over obtaining backstage access.
*Calls to 0300 numbers are charged the same as a standard rate call
Sold out shows, reselling, and exchanges
If I buy a seated ticket, can I change to standing?
Once a ticket has been purchased, it cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Can I be added to a waiting list for sold out shows?
We operate a waiting list for people interested in purchasing tickets for an event which is sold out, since changes to event configurations or requirements often make additional seating available.
Your event has sold out, should I buy tickets via eBay/Gumtree/Viagogo etc.?
We cannot vouch for any tickets that have been bought, other than via an official agent. If a show cancels or changes date, we would not be able to contact you and any money would be refunded directly to the original customer.
Why are there tickets listed on eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In etc. when your event has sold out?
We do not list tickets on eBay, or other such reseller websites. These are listed by customers or ticket touts attempting to resell them, often for personal profit.
I bought tickets via eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In etc. Are they valid?
Only tickets which display the BH Live holographic logo on the front of the ticket will be valid.
However, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any patrons who we have reason to believe have acquired their tickets via an unauthorised agent. We cannot vouch for the validity or authenticity of any tickets purchased through an unauthorised re-seller.
I bought tickets via eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In etc. Can I pick them up from your Ticket Office?
No, please see above.
If I can't have a refund, can I sell my tickets on eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In, etc.?
We do not approve of the resale of our tickets by persons for monetary profit or other personal gain. We will suspend the use of our services to any customers who we have reason to believe are undertaking, or have undertaken, this practice. The tickets concerned will be invalidated.
You are welcome to resell your tickets at face value if you are unable to attend.
We also offer Ticket Protection from Secure My Booking which you can claim against if you are unable to attend for a range of reasons. This must be purchased at the same time as booking your tickets.
Fees and charges
Why do you charge a transaction fee?
Transaction fees contributes towards the ongoing cost associated with providing ticketing services and technology for our venues.
Cancelled and rescheduled events
Which shows have been cancelled or rescheduled?
See individual event pages for information on cancelled events or rescheduled dates
My show has been rescheduled – what should I do?
Your tickets will automatically be moved to the new date and original tickets will remain valid. You do not need to contact us.
The show I booked has been postponed, but the new date hasn’t been announced yet – what should I do?
We are working closely with event promoters to arrange new dates for rescheduled shows. Due to the large number of shows which have rescheduled, this is taking some time to arrange. As soon as we have further information you will be contacted via email.
My show has been cancelled – What should I do?
All affected customers will be emailed with the following options:
- Ticket Donation – you can choose to donate either your whole booking value or a nominal amount to the venue instead of claiming a refund. This allows us to keep us delivering a diverse programme and cultural experiences to our customers, now and in the future.
- Gift Voucher – we can issue your refund as a BH Live gift voucher which can then be used for any future performance on sale through BH Live Tickets.
- If you would prefer a refund, this will be processed back to your credit/debit card.
I took out ticket insurance for a show that has now cancelled. How does this affect me?
As per our terms and conditions, Ticket Protection, which is purchased as an additional item, is non-refundable. More information can be found at www.securemybooking.com
What if I didn’t give you an email address when I booked?
If we don’t have your email address, we will attempt to contact you by phone. Alternatively, you can update your contact details by logging in to your account
I haven’t received an email for a rescheduled show.
Please check your junk folder and ensure that email@example.com is marked as a “safe sender” by your email service provider. If we do not have the most up-to-date email address, please log in to your account
What if my tickets were a gift? Who will you contact?
For data protection reasons, we will only contact the person who made the original booking.
I have booked pre-paid parking*/pre-show dining/ lounge access for a rescheduled show, is it still valid?
Any extras will also be moved and remain valid for the rescheduled performances.
*Please note – Pre-paid parking is only available for shows at the Bournemouth International Centre – should an event change venue, pre-paid parking will automatically be refunded.
Attending a show or event
How can I get to the venue?
Be sure to set aside plenty of time for your journey to the venue; Bournemouth Pavilion has a first come first served cashless car park located at the front of the building. Please check your route if travelling by public transport as this may have recently changed.
How will my eticket work?
Every ticket must be purchased in advance as an eticket. This allows us to help you enter the venue more easily, minimise the amount of time you have to queue and reduce contact with our customer service staff.
Will I need a face covering?
We ask attendees to please wear a face covering during their visit to the venue, unless medically exempt.
What should I bring?
Please keep your belongings to a minimum and with you at all times. Bag checks may be in operation. The cloakroom facilities will not be open.
Will I be able to buy refreshments?
Yes, our cafés and selected bars will be open for customers to purchase refreshments and snacks. Transactions in the venue will be cashless and paperless throughout our venues.
What is the theatre doing in regard to COVID?
Please DO NOT visit the venue if you feel unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We ask attendees to please wear a face covering during their visit to the venue, unless medically exempt.
- Attendees are encouraged to regularly wash their hands and make use of the sanitiser available throughout the venue.
- Wherever possible, use card or contactless payments when making a purchase.
- Maintain social distancing wherever possible during your visit.
- Always follow directional signage and instructions from staff.
- Please be kind. Respect others including our staff who are there to keep everyone safe and to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- We’ve increased and enhanced the frequency of our cleaning regimes throughout our venues.
- Our team is conducting bi-weekly lateral flow testing and will wear face coverings throughout your visit to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
What happens if I feel ill?
We will be ensuring that you have maximum flexibility by allowing tickets to be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the performance.
Please do not attend the venue if you:
- Are unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19;
- Have experienced symptoms in the last 10 days;
- Have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 10 days;
- Have arrived in England in the last 10 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or have been instructed to self-isolate.
- Any individual who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable or who is in the same household or support bubble as someone who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable is advised not to attend.
I’ve emailed but haven’t had a reply
Our team are currently working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays). As such, response times may take slightly longer than usual - we appreciate your understanding and patience.
I need assistance
For assistance with a query not covered in the help centre please submit a customer enquiry form.