We’re an organisation with a social purpose - to make people’s lives better – and by finding this page, you probably care about our venues as much we do.
This is undoubtedly a challenging time for the arts industry and as a charitable trust and social enterprise, we rely on income generated through events and ticket sales to fund our social objectives.
During this time, we’re call on our loyal customers to support our mission to keep culture alive and support some fantastic charities that are serving our communities at the same time; who are also in great need.
We’re pledging to donate 50% of all monies raised from 5 June and split them equally between Bournemouth Food Bank and Croydon Food Bank. These food banks are supported by The Trussell Trust and are working to combat hunger and poverty across the UK.
In supporting us, you’re playing a role in attracting top artists, enabling us to deliver a diverse programme and cultural experiences to our customers, now and in the future. We normally make this happen by investing our profits back into improving our services and experiences, but this has become increasingly harder in the wake of COVID-19.
A donation as little as £1 is all we ask. And although this doesn’t seem a lot, it really is appreciated as your continued support will help us to:
- Programme affordable events for community benefit
- Make theatre accessible to wider groups of people
- Encourage greater engagement in the arts with younger people through our community initiatives
- Bring the best of international talent to our venues
- Maintain, develop and restore our venues
- Invest in sustainable initiatives
Our venues at the heart of it all:
- Bournemouth Pavilion was built in the 1920s and retains its splendour and elegant styling offering traditional entertainment year-round within the theatre and ballroom. West End shows to community productions and tea dances to gala dinners are regular events our customers enjoy.
- Fairfield Halls reopened September 2019 and sits at the heart of Croydon’s cultural and educational quarter, offering a wide range of performances and facilities including classical performances, concerts, comedy, drama and community shows.
- Bournemouth International Centre is a premier multipurpose conference and events centre with the flexibility to attract and stage international artists, cultural exhibitions, showcase fine art and sporting events.
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.